Welcome to our informative article on the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.) with a Government-Licensed Guide.
This exclusive tour offers a comprehensive exploration of Hakone, renowned for its natural beauty and cultural significance. With a knowledgeable guide, you will visit iconic attractions such as Lake Ashi, Hakone Shrine, and Owakudani Valley, gaining a deep understanding of Hakone’s rich heritage.
Please note that transportation costs are not included, but options for private vehicles are available. We advise checking weather conditions before embarking on this unforgettable journey.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- Private tour starts in Tokyo
- Option to book a private vehicle for an additional cost
- Cancellation policy includes full refund if cancelled 24 hours before the tour
- Meet up locations in Tokyo include Tokyo Station, Shinjuku Station, Shibuya Crossing, and Asakusa
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Tour Details and Transportation
The tour details and transportation for the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.) with a government-licensed guide are outlined below.
This private tour starts with a meet up in Tokyo, but it does not include a private vehicle. Instead, public transportation or local taxis may be used for transfers. The cost of transportation will be discussed with the guide after reservation and Japanese Yen will be required for these costs.
However, if you prefer to have a private vehicle, it must be booked at least 2 days in advance and can accommodate a maximum of 7 passengers. Additional costs will apply for the private vehicle option, so it is important to discuss the details directly with the guide.
Private Vehicle Option
To enhance your experience during the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.) with a government-licensed guide, there is an option to book a private vehicle in advance. Here are some key details about the private vehicle option:
- Maximum number of passengers: The private vehicle can accommodate a maximum of 7 passengers. This ensures that you and your group can travel comfortably together throughout the tour.
- Additional cost for private vehicle: Booking a private vehicle comes with an additional cost. The exact cost will be discussed with the guide after your reservation is confirmed. Please note that the cost will be in Japanese Yen and should be prepared accordingly.
- Booking process: To arrange for a private vehicle, you need to contact the guide directly at least 2 days in advance. They will assist you in making the necessary arrangements and provide you with further details.
- Discuss details with guide: It is important to discuss the details of the private vehicle option with your guide. They will be able to answer any specific questions you may have and ensure that the transportation meets your requirements.
The cancellation policy for the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.) ensures that refunds are provided based on specific timeframes prior to the start of the tour.
If you need to cancel your reservation, you can receive a full refund if you do so at least 24 hours before the start time of the tour. However, if you cancel less than 24 hours before the start time, no refund will be provided. It is important to note that no changes will be accepted less than 24 hours before the start time of the tour. The cut-off times for cancellation and changes are based on the local time.
Plus, if the tour needs to be cancelled due to poor weather conditions, you will be offered either a different date for the tour or a full refund. Therefore, it is advisable to check the weather conditions before the tour and plan accordingly.
Cancellation due to poor weather is a possibility for the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.), and in such cases, an alternative date or a full refund will be offered. Here is the weather policy for the tour:
- Check for weather conditions before the tour: It is important to monitor the weather forecast before embarking on the tour. This will help in determining whether the tour can proceed as planned or if adjustments need to be made.
- Plan accordingly: If poor weather conditions are anticipated, it is advisable to prepare alternative activities that can be enjoyed even in unfavorable weather. This will ensure that the tour participants have a fulfilling experience regardless of the weather.
- Refund process: In the event of tour cancellation due to poor weather, a full refund will be provided to the participants. The refund process will be handled efficiently and promptly to minimize any inconvenience.
- Alternative activities: If the tour cannot proceed as planned due to poor weather, the guide will offer alternative activities that can be enjoyed indoors or in locations unaffected by the weather. This ensures that the participants can still make the most of their day and have a memorable experience.
Reviews and Ratings
Thirteen reviews have been recorded for the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour (Tokyo Dep.) with a government-licensed guide, resulting in an overall rating of 4.5. These reviews come from both Viator and Tripadvisor, two reputable sources for travel reviews.
When checking the authenticity of reviews, it is important to look for detailed and specific feedback, as generic or vague reviews may be less reliable. It is also useful to compare ratings from different sources to get a well-rounded perspective on the tour.
While the overall rating for the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour is 4.5, it is worth noting that individual ratings range from 1 star to 5 stars. By considering multiple reviews and sources, travelers can make a more informed decision about the tour.
Meet up in Tokyo
For the meet up in Tokyo, travelers participating in the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour with a government-licensed guide will need to coordinate their arrival location and time with the guide.
Here are the best places to meet up in Tokyo for the tour:
- Tokyo Station: A central location with multiple train lines and easy access to transportation options.
- Shinjuku Station: Another convenient meeting point with various train and subway lines, making it easily accessible for travelers.
- Shibuya Crossing: Known as the busiest intersection in the world, it serves as a vibrant and recognizable meeting spot.
- Asakusa: A historic district with landmarks like Senso-ji Temple, providing a unique and cultural location for the meet up.
Tips for navigating public transportation in Tokyo for the meet up:
- Familiarize yourself with the Tokyo Metro and JR train systems.
- Purchase a Suica or Pasmo card for convenient and cashless travel.
- Use smartphone apps like Google Maps or HyperDia for accurate navigation.
- Allow extra time for potential delays during rush hours.
Public Transportation or Local Taxis for Transfers
Travelers participating in the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour with a government-licensed guide have the option to utilize public transportation or local taxis for their transfers. The choice between public transportation and local taxis depends on factors such as cost and accessibility. Here is a cost comparison between the two options:
|Public Transportation||1,500 – 2,000 yen|
|Local Taxis||5,000 – 10,000 yen|
Public transportation in Hakone is easily accessible and well-developed. The region has a comprehensive network of buses, trains, and cable cars, making it convenient for travelers to explore the area. The transportation system is reliable and efficient, ensuring that visitors can reach their desired destinations within Hakone.
On the other hand, local taxis offer the advantage of convenience and flexibility. They can provide door-to-door service, allowing travelers to reach their destinations directly without any transfers or waiting times. However, it is important to note that local taxis tend to be more expensive compared to using public transportation.
Ultimately, the choice between public transportation and local taxis depends on the preferences and budget of the travelers.
Japanese Yen Required for Transportation Costs
The payment for transportation costs during the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour with a government-licensed guide is required in Japanese Yen. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, it is advisable to have the necessary amount of Japanese Yen for transportation costs.
Here are some important points to consider regarding currency exchange and cost estimation:
- Currency Exchange: It is recommended to exchange your currency to Japanese Yen before the tour. This can be done at currency exchange counters in airports, banks, or authorized currency exchange offices.
- Cost Estimation: The actual transportation costs may vary depending on factors such as the number of transfers and the mode of transportation used. It is best to discuss the transportation costs with your guide after making a reservation to get a more accurate estimation.
- Local Currency: Having Japanese Yen on hand will make it easier to pay for transportation costs during the tour. Most public transportation systems, taxis, and local vendors accept cash payments in Japanese Yen.
- ATMs and Credit Cards: While ATMs and credit cards are widely accepted in major cities, it is advisable to carry some cash for smaller establishments or areas where card payments may not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Popular Attractions and Destinations in Hakone That Are Included in the Tour?
Some of the must-visit landmarks in Hakone include Lake Ashi, Hakone Shrine, and Owakudani. There are also hidden gems worth exploring, such as the Hakone Open-Air Museum and the Hakone Venetian Glass Museum.
What Activities or Experiences Are Available During the Tour?
During the tour in Hakone, you can enjoy a variety of outdoor adventures such as hiking, exploring the Hakone Ropeway, and cruising on Lake Ashi. Plus, you can partake in cultural experiences like visiting traditional hot springs and the Hakone Open-Air Museum.
Is There a Minimum Age Requirement for Participants in the Tour?
There is no specified minimum age requirement for participants in the tour. However, it is recommended to consider the activities and experiences offered during the tour and ensure they are suitable for all participants.
Are Meals or Snacks Included in the Tour Package?
Meals and snacks are not included in the tour package. However, the guide can provide recommendations for local restaurants and cafes where participants can enjoy meals and snacks during the tour.
Can the Tour Be Customized to Include Specific Sights or Activities Based on Individual Preferences?
Yes, the tour can be customized to include specific sights or activities based on individual preferences. Customized itinerary options are available to tailor the sightseeing experience according to your preferences.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Hakone Full-Day Private Tour offers a unique and immersive experience in Hakone, allowing visitors to explore its natural beauty and cultural heritage. With the guidance of a knowledgeable government-licensed guide, guests will gain a deep understanding of Hakone’s rich history and significance.
While public transportation or local taxis are used for transfers, a private vehicle option is available upon request. It is important to check the weather conditions before embarking on the tour, as it requires good weather.
The tour has received positive reviews and ratings, ensuring a memorable experience for visitors.