The ‘Hiroshima: Private Half-Day Miyajima Tour’ offers an immersive experience through the rich history and natural beauty of Hiroshima. With the flexibility of free cancellation and the convenience of reserving now and paying later, this six-hour tour provides a knowledgeable guide fluent in English and Japanese.
Explore the iconic Itsukushima Shrine and Daisho-in temple, hike Mount Misen for breathtaking views, or take a ropeway to the summit. With a customizable itinerary, this tour promises a memorable and tailored experience for all.
- Free cancellation available up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now and pay later to keep your travel plans flexible
- Duration of the tour is 6 hours
- Live tour guide available in English and Japanese
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
The tour includes pickup from any location in Hiroshima, such as hotels, and lasts for a duration of 6 hours.
When planning your visit to Miyajima, it’s important to consider the best time to go. The island is known for its stunning scenery and iconic Itsukushima Shrine, which is best enjoyed during high tide when the shrine appears to float on the water.
The tour also offers the opportunity to explore local cuisine options. One popular treat to try is the famous Momiji Manju, a sweet pastry filled with various flavors such as red bean paste or matcha. Plus, there are several restaurants on the island where visitors can sample fresh seafood and traditional Japanese dishes.
During the tour experience, visitors are matched with knowledgeable local guides who’ll take them on a journey to explore the beauty and cultural significance of Miyajima Island. Here is what the tour experience offers:
- Catch the ferry to Miyajima Island: Enjoy a scenic ride with breathtaking views of the Seto Inland Sea.
- Visit the famous Itsukushima Shrine and Daisho-in temple: Enjoy the rich history and spirituality of these iconic landmarks.
- Try local cuisine: Indulge in a typical Japanese sweet, such as the famous Momiji Manju, and savor the flavors of the region.
Along With these highlights, the tour provides photography tips for capturing the stunning landscapes and architectural wonders. With a knowledgeable guide by your side, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the island’s history, traditions, and local customs while enjoying its natural beauty and delicious cuisine.
The tour highlights of the private half-day Miyajima tour include:
- Ferry ride to Miyajima Island
- Visit to the iconic Itsukushima Shrine and Daisho-in temple
- Opportunity to try local Japanese sweets
Miyajima Island is known for its stunning attractions, and the ferry ride provides a great view of the Seto Inland Sea.
The Itsukushima Shrine is a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its red gate, which appears to float during high tide. Visitors can also explore the oldest temple in Miyajima, the Daisho-in, and enjoy the rich history and culture of the area.
Plus, the tour offers the chance to try traditional Japanese sweets, such as the renowned Momiji Manju, a maple leaf-shaped pastry filled with various flavors.
These highlights ensure a memorable and immersive experience on Miyajima Island.
Visitors can choose from three official hiking trails or opt for a ropeway ride to reach the summit of Mount Misen, the most sacred place in Miyajima. Here are three reasons why Mount Misen is a must-visit destination:
- Breathtakingly spectacular views: Whether you decide to hike or take the ropeway, the panoramic views from the summit of Mount Misen are truly awe-inspiring. From here, you can witness the beauty of the Seto Inland Sea and the surrounding islands.
- Best leisurely hiking courses in Japan: The hiking trails on Mount Misen offer a perfect balance of challenge and enjoyment. As you make your way up, you’ll pass through lush forests, serene temples, and stunning natural landscapes. It’s a great opportunity to learn about the tranquility of nature.
- Flexibility to customize your experience: Whether you’re an experienced hiker or prefer a more relaxed approach, Mount Misen offers options for everyone. The three hiking trails cater to different skill levels, while the ropeway provides a convenient alternative for those who prefer a quicker ascent. It’s all about choosing the adventure that suits you best.
After experiencing the private half-day Miyajima tour, customers have shared their positive feedback and highlighted the exceptional service provided by their tour guide, John. Many customers praised John’s knowledge and flexibility, mentioning that he was accommodating in terms of time and topic. They appreciated his informative explanations during the visit to the Atomic Bomb Museum and found his additional tips for activities after the tour to be helpful. Customers highly recommended the tour with John, emphasizing their positive experience with him as a tour guide.
Along With the tour guide recommendations, customers also mentioned their appreciation for the local cuisine recommendations provided by John. They were delighted to try typical Japanese sweets, such as the famous Momiji Manju, and enjoyed visiting Gallery Miyazato for traditional Japanese sweets.
Ferry Ride to Miyajima Island
Once visitors have been matched with a knowledgeable local guide, they can begin their private half-day Miyajima tour by taking a ferry ride to Miyajima Island.
The ferry ride experience offers stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea and is the first step towards exploring the attractions of Miyajima Island. Here’s what visitors can expect during their ferry ride:
- Scenic Views: As the ferry departs from Hiroshima, passengers can enjoy picturesque views of the Seto Inland Sea, with its calm waters and surrounding islands.
- Itsukushima Shrine: The ferry brings visitors to Miyajima Island, where the iconic red gate of the UNESCO World Heritage Itsukushima Shrine can be seen from afar. This famous shrine, with its torii gate standing in the water, is a must-visit attraction.
- Daisho-in Temple: After disembarking from the ferry, visitors can explore the oldest temple in Miyajima, Daisho-in. This temple is known for its serene atmosphere and beautiful Buddhist statues.
The ferry ride to Miyajima Island sets the stage for an unforgettable journey filled with natural beauty and cultural wonders.
Visit Itsukushima Shrine and Daisho-in Temple
Exploring the attractions of Miyajima Island includes visiting the iconic Itsukushima Shrine and exploring the serene Daisho-in Temple. Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is famous for its iconic red gate, or torii, which appears to be floating on water during high tide. Built in the 6th century, the shrine has a rich history and is dedicated to the three daughters of the Shinto deity of seas and storms. Visitors can admire the intricate architecture and beautiful gardens while learning about the shrine’s significance in Japanese culture. On the other hand, Daisho-in Temple is the oldest temple on Miyajima Island, dating back to the 9th century. Known for its tranquil atmosphere, the temple features stunning Buddhist statues and a unique architectural style. Its peaceful surroundings make it an ideal place for meditation and reflection.
|– Built in the 6th century
|– Oldest temple on Miyajima Island
|– Famous for its floating red gate
|– Known for its tranquil atmosphere
|– Dedicated to the three daughters of a Shinto deity
|– Features stunning Buddhist statues
|– UNESCO World Heritage site
|– Unique architectural style
|– Rich history and significance in Japanese culture
|– Ideal place for meditation and reflection
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Cancel My Reservation for the Hiroshima: Private Half-Day Miyajima Tour?
To cancel a reservation for the Hiroshima: Private Half-Day Miyajima Tour, follow the cancellation process within 24 hours in advance for a full refund. The tour offers free cancellation and flexible payment options for travel plans.
Can I Pay for the Tour in Advance or Do I Have to Pay on the Day of the Tour?
Yes, advance payment is an option for the tour. Customers can reserve now and pay later to keep their travel plans flexible. Payment can be made on the day of the tour or in advance.
Is the Tour Guide Fluent in Both English and Japanese?
Yes, the tour guide is fluent in both English and Japanese. They have language proficiency in multiple languages, ensuring clear communication and a better understanding of the tour experience for all participants.
Is Transportation Provided From My Hotel in Hiroshima to the Ferry for Miyajima Island?
Transportation options include pickup from any location in Hiroshima, including hotels, for the ferry ride to Miyajima Island. The ferry schedule ensures convenient access to the island for the tour.
Can I Choose Which Hiking Trail to Take on Mount Misen During the Tour?
Yes, participants can choose from different hiking options on Mount Misen during the tour. There are scenic routes available, including three official trails or the option to take a ropeway ride.
The Sum Up
The Hiroshima: Private Half-Day Miyajima Tour offers a captivating and flexible experience for travelers. With a knowledgeable guide, visitors can explore the rich history and natural beauty of Hiroshima, including the famous Itsukushima Shrine and Daisho-in Temple.
Whether hiking up Mount Misen or taking the ropeway, participants are treated to breathtaking views of the Seto Inland Sea. Positive customer reviews highlight the tour’s informative nature, making it a highly recommended choice for those seeking a unique exploration of Hiroshima and its surrounding areas.