Set out on a unique and immersive adventure with the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch experience.
This three-hour tour takes you off the beaten path to explore the iconic Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine and its surrounding nature.
With a maximum of 10 travelers per tour, this personalized and intimate setting allows you to uncover hidden local attractions, learn about the shrine’s red torii gates, and indulge in a delicious soba noodle lunch.
Get set for an unforgettable journey through the picturesque landscapes of Kyoto.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- Follow an off-the-beaten-track path through bamboo forests to the iconic Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
- Learn about the significance of the shrine’s famous red torii gates
- Enjoy a picturesque route to the summit and through hidden local attractions, from a waterfall to a gate factory
- Tours include a tasty soba noodle lunch and snacks
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Overview and Highlights
The overview and highlights of the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch tour include:
- Exploring the iconic Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
- Learning about the significance of its red torii gates
- Enjoying a picturesque route through hidden local attractions
The Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is renowned for its thousands of vibrant red torii gates, which symbolize the transition from the profane to the sacred. These gates create a mesmerizing visual spectacle as they lead visitors through the shrine’s grounds and up to the summit of Mount Inari.
Along the way, hikers will be treated to the beauty of the surrounding nature, with bamboo forests, serene waterfalls, and charming local attractions.
This tour offers a unique opportunity to take in the rich cultural and natural heritage of Kyoto’s hidden gems.
Route Description and Attractions
During the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch tour, you will traverse through a scenic route, passing through various attractions and landmarks.
Here are three hidden gems and attractions that can be experienced along the way:
1) Bamboo Forest Experience: Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of a bamboo forest. Walking through the towering bamboo stalks creates a serene and peaceful atmosphere, providing a unique and enchanting experience.
2) Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine: This iconic shrine is renowned for its thousands of vibrant red torii gates that line a path up the sacred Mount Inari. Participants will have the chance to explore the shrine, learn about its cultural significance, and witness the breathtaking sight of the torii gates stretching into the distance.
3) Local Attractions: The route also takes participants through hidden local attractions, such as a waterfall and a gate factory. These lesser-known spots offer a glimpse into the traditional Japanese culture and provide a deeper understanding of the area’s history and craftsmanship.
Soba Lunch and Snacks
Participants on the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch tour can indulge in a delicious soba lunch and enjoy snacks along the way. Soba, a type of Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour, is a popular and nutritious choice for a midday meal. There are various soba lunch recommendations to choose from, including classic options like cold zaru soba, served with a chilled dipping sauce, or kitsune soba, topped with sweetened fried tofu. For those who prefer a heartier meal, tempura soba, featuring crispy battered vegetables or seafood, is a tasty choice. Plus, participants can enjoy snacks during the hike, such as onigiri (rice balls) or traditional Japanese sweets.
Here are some traditional soba noodle recipes to try at home:
|Zaru Soba||Buckwheat noodles, soy sauce, mirin, nori seaweed, green onions||1. Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. 2. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water. 3. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and mirin to make the dipping sauce. 4. Serve the noodles on a bamboo mat or plate, topped with nori seaweed and green onions. 5. Dip the noodles in the sauce and enjoy.|
|Kitsune Soba||Buckwheat noodles, dashi stock, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, fried tofu, green onions||1. Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. 2. In a saucepan, combine dashi stock, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. 3. Simmer the sauce until the sugar dissolves. 4. Add the fried tofu to the sauce and let it soak for a few minutes. 5. Serve the noodles in bowls, topped with the tofu, green onions, and some of the sauce.|
|Tempura Soba||Buckwheat noodles, tempura batter mix, vegetables or seafood for tempura, vegetable oil for frying, tempura dipping sauce||1. Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. 2. Prepare the tempura batter mix according to package instructions. 3. Dip the vegetables or seafood in the batter and fry them in hot oil until golden and crispy. 4. Drain the tempura on a paper towel to remove excess oil. 5. Serve the noodles in bowls with the tempura on top, and provide tempura dipping sauce on the side.|
Tour Details and Logistics
The tour of Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch provides participants with an immersive experience of exploring off-the-beaten-track paths and hidden local attractions. Here are some important tour details and logistics to keep in mind:
- Meeting Point: The tour starts at a designated meeting point, which will be provided upon booking confirmation. It is recommended to arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Tour Logistics: The tour has a duration of approximately 3 hours. Participants will follow a picturesque route through bamboo forests, visiting the iconic Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine and its famous red torii gates. Along the way, they will also have the opportunity to explore hidden local attractions, such as a waterfall and a gate factory. The tour includes a delicious soba noodle lunch and snacks.
- Admission Ticket: The admission ticket to the Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is included in the tour package.
Participants can expect a memorable and enriching experience, delving into the lesser-known aspects of Kyoto’s cultural and natural heritage.
Cancellation Policy and Weather Considerations
Cancellation and weather considerations are important factors to keep in mind when booking the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch tour.
The tour has a flexible refund policy, allowing participants to cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. However, if cancellation occurs less than 24 hours before the start time, no refund will be provided. It is crucial to note that changes to the tour cannot be accepted within 24 hours of the start time.
Plus, the tour is weather-dependent, and in the event of poor weather conditions, participants have the option to either reschedule for an alternative date or receive a full refund. This ensures that participants can enjoy the tour under optimal weather conditions or have the opportunity to explore other attractions in Kyoto.
Reviews and Recommendations
Based on travelers’ experiences, reviewers have praised the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch tour as a unique and informative excursion. Here are three reasons why this tour stands out:
- Guide reliability: Many reviewers have commended the tour guides for their professionalism and knowledge. They appreciate having a guide who is punctual, well-prepared, and able to provide insightful information about the attractions along the way.
- Non touristy experience: One of the highlights of this tour is the opportunity to explore the hidden gems of Kyoto. Reviewers have mentioned that the tour takes them off the beaten path, allowing them to discover lesser-known attractions and experience the local culture in a more authentic way.
- Informative and engaging: Reviewers have consistently mentioned that the tour provides a wealth of information about the Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine and its famous red torii gates. They appreciate the guide’s ability to share interesting facts and stories, making the tour both educational and entertaining.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Is the Hike on the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route?
The hike on the Kyoto Fushimi hidden route is approximately 3 hours long. It offers scenic views and landmarks, including the iconic Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine with its famous red torii gates. The difficulty level of the hike is moderate, requiring a moderate physical fitness level.
Is the Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine Wheelchair Accessible?
The Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine is not wheelchair accessible. Visitors with mobility concerns may face challenges navigating the steep steps and uneven terrain. It is recommended to plan accordingly and consider alternative options.
Are There Any Restrictions for Pregnant Travelers on the Hike?
Yes, there are restrictions for pregnant travelers on the hike. It is not recommended for them to participate due to the moderate physical fitness level required and the potential risks associated with hiking while pregnant.
Can I Request Vegetarian or Halal-Friendly Food for the Soba Noodle Lunch?
Yes, vegetarian and Halal friendly options are available for the soba noodle lunch. Please inform us of your dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can accommodate your needs.
How Many Travelers Are Allowed per Tour on the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route?
The maximum number of travelers per tour on the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route is 10. This ensures a small group size for a more personalized experience during the hike and exploration of popular tourist attractions along the route.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Kyoto Fushimi Hidden Route Hiking & Soba Lunch offers a unique and immersive experience to explore the famous Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine.
This three-hour tour takes you off the beaten path, allowing you to uncover hidden local attractions and appreciate the beauty of the surrounding nature.
With a maximum of 10 travelers per tour, this personalized and intimate setting ensures an unforgettable adventure.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to indulge in a delicious soba noodle lunch while exploring the iconic red torii gates of Kyoto.