Welcome to an unforgettable scuba diving experience in Izu Oceanic Park, situated in the captivating Izu Peninsula of Japan. This article give you essential information about this exhilarating activity.
Participants can explore the vibrant underwater world, boasting crystal-clear waters and a diverse array of marine life. Regardless of skill level, both novice and experienced divers can partake in this adventure.
The meeting point and start time will vary depending on the mode of transportation.
Prepare for an extraordinary scuba diving journey in the awe-inspiring Izu Oceanic Park.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- Meeting time for car arrivals: 8:30am at Dive Dream
- Meeting time for train arrivals: 8:40am at Izu Kogen station, outside the station gate
- Participants need to bring their own scuba gear: mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit
- Requires scuba diving certification from a recognized agency
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Meeting Point and Start Time
The meeting point and start time for the scuba diving experience at Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula are essential details to ensure a smooth and organized activity.
The meeting time for car arrivals is 8:30am at Dive Dream, while for train arrivals it is 8:40am at Izu Kogen station. For those arriving by train, the meeting point is outside the station gate. It is important to specify the mode of transportation when making a reservation.
The activity officially starts at 09:00 AM. It is worth noting that the activity ends back at the meeting point. Confirmation of the booking will be received upon reservation. The location is near public transportation, but it is not wheelchair accessible. It is also not recommended for travelers with back problems or who are pregnant. Plus, participants should have a moderate physical fitness level.
The cancellation policy allows for a full refund if canceled 24 hours in advance, and refunds are offered for cancellations due to poor weather conditions.
The scuba diving experience at Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula concludes back at the meeting point. After an exhilarating dive exploring the vibrant underwater world, divers will return to the starting point to wrap up their adventure.
Here are some key points about the end point of the scuba diving experience:
- Transportation options: Participants can choose to arrive at the meeting point either by car or train. For car arrivals, the meeting time is 8:30am at Dive Dream. Train arrivals should meet at Izu Kogen station at 8:40am, outside the station gate.
- Scuba diving equipment: At the end of the dive, divers will return the scuba diving equipment they have been using throughout the experience. This includes the wetsuit, BCD (buoyancy control device), regulator, mask, and fins.
- Group participation: The scuba diving experience is a private tour/activity, ensuring that only your group will participate.
- Cancellation policy: A full refund is offered if the activity is canceled 24 hours in advance.
- Weather conditions: Good weather is required for the scuba diving experience. Refunds are provided for cancellations due to poor weather.
What To Expect
Participants can expect a comprehensive and immersive scuba diving experience at Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula, catering specifically to certified divers.
Safety precautions are of utmost importance, and all you will receive a detailed safety briefing before the dive. The experienced dive instructors will ensure that all necessary safety measures are in place, including equipment checks and emergency procedures.
Speaking of equipment, you will need to bring their own scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, and a wetsuit. It is crucial to have well-maintained equipment to ensure a safe and enjoyable dive.
The dive site at Izu Oceanic Park offers diverse marine life, vibrant coral reefs, and clear waters, providing an unforgettable underwater experience. Participants can expect to explore underwater caves, swim alongside colorful fish, and marvel at the beauty of the underwater world.
For additional information regarding the scuba diving experience at Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula, please take note of the following details:
- Scuba diving requirements: Participants must have a scuba diving certification from a recognized agency. It is important to bring your certification card and logbook with you.
- Safety precautions: Prior to the dive, a thorough briefing will be conducted by experienced instructors. Safety equipment such as wetsuits, masks, and fins will be provided. It is crucial to follow all safety guidelines and listen to the instructions given by the instructors.
- Health considerations: Participants with heart problems or other serious medical conditions are advised not to engage in scuba diving. A moderate level of physical fitness is required for this activity.
- Group participation: This is a private tour/activity, meaning only your group will participate. It provides a more personalized and intimate experience.
- Cancellation policy: A full refund will be given if the reservation is canceled 24 hours in advance. Please take note of the weather conditions, as good weather is required for this experience. Refunds will be offered for cancellations due to poor weather.
To reach Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula for scuba diving, follow the directions provided below. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced diver looking to get certified, this park offers a fantastic diving experience.
First, make your way to 1082-5 Yawatano, Itō, Shizuoka 413-0232, Japan, the location of Dive Dream, where the meeting point is for those arriving by car. Arrive by 8:30am to ensure a prompt start.
For those arriving by train, the meeting point is outside the Izu Kogen station gate, and the meeting time is 8:40am. When making a reservation, remember to specify your mode of transportation.
The activity starts at 9:00am, so be sure to arrive on time. At Izu Oceanic Park, all diving equipment will be provided, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience.
The cancellation policy for the scuba diving experience at Izu Oceanic Park in Izu Peninsula is as follows:
- Full refund if canceled 24 hours in advance.
- Refunds offered for cancellations due to poor weather conditions.
- No refund for cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling options available for cancellations made 24 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling subject to availability and must be done within a reasonable time frame.
At Izu Oceanic Park, we understand that plans can change and unforeseen circumstances can arise. We strive to provide flexibility and options for our customers when it comes to cancellations.
We offer a full refund for cancellations made 24 hours in advance, ensuring that our customers have peace of mind. Plus, if poor weather conditions prevent the scuba diving experience from taking place, we offer refunds to ensure that our customers are not left disappointed.
While we do not offer refunds for last-minute cancellations, we do provide rescheduling options for those who need to change their plans. Rescheduling is subject to availability and must be done within a reasonable time frame.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Maximum Number of Participants Allowed for This Scuba Diving Activity?
The maximum number of participants allowed for this scuba diving activity is not specified in the provided information. However, it is important to note that participants are expected to have their own scuba diving equipment.
Is Scuba Diving Equipment Provided or Do Participants Need to Bring Their Own?
Participants need to bring their own scuba diving equipment as it is not provided. This ensures that each participant has equipment that is properly fitted and suited to their individual needs and preferences.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for Participating in This Scuba Diving Activity?
Age restrictions may apply for participating in this scuba diving activity. It is important to adhere to the safety guidelines set by the organizers to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants.
Are There Any Specific Clothing or Gear Requirements for Participants?
Participants are required to wear appropriate scuba diving attire, including a wetsuit, mask, fins, and a buoyancy control device. Scuba gear for beginners will be provided at the diving center.
Is There a Minimum Diving Experience Level Required to Participate in This Activity?
Participants must have a minimum diving experience level to ensure safety. While the specific requirement is not mentioned, it is recommended to have a moderate physical fitness level and no serious medical conditions.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, scuba diving in Izu Oceanic Park is an incredible experience for divers of all skill levels.
With its crystal-clear waters and diverse marine life, this location offers a vibrant underwater world to explore.
Whether you arrive by car or train, there are convenient meeting points and start times available.
So don’t miss out on the opportunity to embark on a scuba diving adventure like no other in the beautiful Izu Peninsula of Japan.