If you’re looking for a unique and interactive aquatic experience in Tokyo, then look no further than the Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa. This aquarium offers a range of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages, from thrilling dolphin and sea lion shows to immersive light and sound displays.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa, including what to see and do, how to get there, and some useful tips for making the most of your visit.
- Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is a unique aquarium in Tokyo that features a wide variety of marine life, interactive exhibits, and live performances.
- The aquarium is divided into several themed zones, each offering a different perspective on the wonders of the ocean.
- The highlight of the aquarium is the Aqua Jungle, a massive tank filled with more than 2,000 fish and other sea creatures.
- The aquarium’s Mirror Maze is a popular attraction, featuring an intricate network of mirrors that creates a dizzying, disorienting experience.
- Visitors can also enjoy live performances, including acrobatic displays, musical performances, and a spectacular light show that illuminates the aquarium’s tanks.
- Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is easily accessible by public transportation, with a direct connection to Shinagawa Station via an enclosed walkway.
- The aquarium offers a range of ticket options, including discounted prices for children, seniors, and groups, as well as combination tickets that include admission to other nearby attractions.
What is Maxell Aqua Park?
Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is an aquarium located in the heart of Tokyo, adjacent to Shinagawa Station. The aquarium features a wide range of aquatic creatures, from tropical fish to dolphins and sea lions, as well as innovative exhibits that use sound, light, and technology to create immersive experiences for visitors.
What to See and Do
Here are some of the highlights of what to see and do at Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa:
- Dolphin and sea lion shows: Watch these intelligent and playful creatures perform amazing tricks and stunts.
- Jellyfish Ramble: Explore an otherworldly exhibit filled with luminous and colorful jellyfish.
- Penguin Coast: Observe the charming antics of these flightless birds as they swim and play in their own mini-habitat.
- Touch Pool: Get up close and personal with sea creatures like starfish and sea cucumbers at this interactive exhibit.
- Virtual Aquarium: Immerse yourself in a digital underwater world with this innovative exhibit that uses projection mapping and other technology.
How to Get to Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa
Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is conveniently located adjacent to Shinagawa Station, which is served by the JR Yamanote, Keihin-Tohoku, and Tokaido Main lines, as well as the Keikyu Main Line and the Narita Express.
If you’re coming from Tokyo Station, take the JR Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku Line to Shinagawa Station, which takes about 15-20 minutes.
Tickets and Hours of Operation
Tickets to Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa cost 2,300 yen for adults and 1,200 yen for children, with discounts available for seniors and disabled visitors. The aquarium is open daily from 10:00am to 10:00pm, with last admission at 9:00pm.
Useful Tips for Visiting Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa
Here are some useful tips to help you make the most of your visit to Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa:
- Arrive early to avoid the crowds and have a chance to see the animals up close.
- Check the schedule for the dolphin and sea lion shows and plan your visit around them.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking and standing involved.
- Bring a waterproof camera or phone to capture photos and videos of the colorful and exciting exhibits.
- Consider purchasing a combo ticket with the nearby Epson Aqua Park Shinagawa for a full day of aquatic fun.
The aquarium holds various special events throughout the year, including nighttime illuminations and seasonal exhibits. For example, during the summer months, visitors can enjoy a special program called “Jellyfish Ramble” which features a dazzling display of colorful jellyfish.
The aquarium offers a number of interactive exhibits that allow visitors to get up close and personal with the animals. For example, the “Magical Illumination” exhibit allows visitors to touch and interact with glowing fish and sea creatures.
Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa offers a variety of educational programs for kids, including guided tours and hands-on workshops. These programs are a great way for children to learn about marine life and the importance of conservation in a fun and engaging way.
In addition to the aquarium exhibits, Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa also features several dining options, including a café, a restaurant, and a bar. Visitors can enjoy a meal or a drink while taking in the stunning aquatic scenery.
The Sum Up
Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is an exciting and unique destination that offers a memorable experience for visitors of all ages. From the stunning light and water shows to the fascinating exhibits and attractions, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re a fan of marine life or just looking for a fun and immersive way to spend a day, Maxell Aqua Park Shinagawa is an excellent choice.