The Nagano Private Two Day Tour offers an immersive experience in the breathtaking region of Nagano, Japan.
Travelers can explore the captivating beauty of Nagano, known for its stunning snow-capped mountains, historic temples, and unique cultural heritage.
Day 1 includes visits to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, Zenko-ji Temple, and Obuse.
Accommodation is provided in a traditional Japanese hotel.
Day 2 offers the freedom to indulge in snowboarding or skiing at Hakuba Goryu Ski Resort or explore the city at your own pace.
Wheelchair accessible and suitable for most travelers.
Recommended to book in advance.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- The Nagano Private Two Day Tour includes visits to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, Zenko-ji Temple, and Obuse.
- The tour offers overnight accommodation at a traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan), with options for 3 Star or 4/5 Star hotels.
- On the second day of the tour, participants have the option to go snowboarding/skiing or explore the city on their own.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible (except at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park) and most travelers can participate. A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, and birth date and valid passport information must be provided at the time of booking.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
The tour details include the start time, end point, and the various destinations and stops throughout the two-day itinerary.
Starting at 08:45 AM, the tour takes visitors on an unforgettable journey through Nagano, Japan. The first stop is the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, where guests have the opportunity to witness the enchanting snow monkeys in their natural habitat. This 40-minute visit is followed by a visit to the Zenko-ji Temple, a sacred site with a rich history dating back centuries.
Next, the tour takes participants to Obuse, a charming town known for its traditional architecture and art. Accommodation for the night is provided at a ryokan, a traditional Japanese hotel, offering guests a unique and authentic experience. The ryokan options range from 3-star to 4/5-star hotels, ensuring comfort and relaxation throughout the stay.
An itinerary is provided for the Nagano Private Two Day Tour, outlining the scheduled activities and destinations for each day.
- Participants will visit three stops: the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, where they can observe adorable snow monkeys in their natural habitat.
- Zenko-ji Temple, a renowned Buddhist temple with a rich history.
- Obuse, a charming town known for its traditional architecture and art.
Accommodation for the night will be provided at a traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan), with options ranging from 3-star to 4/5-star hotels.
- Offers a free day for participants to enjoy snowboarding or skiing at the Hakuba Goryu Ski Resort, or explore the city on their own.
- Participants can indulge in Nagano’s local cuisine, which includes delicious dishes like soba noodles, oyaki dumplings, and sake.
Participants should be aware of the following information before booking the Nagano Private Two Day Tour:
- Accessibility options:
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, except at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park.
- Most travelers can participate in the tour.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Birth date and valid passport information must be provided at the time of booking.
- Recommended clothing for the tour:
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended as there’s a moderate amount of walking involved.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, so participants should dress appropriately.
- It’s advisable to bring warm clothing, especially during the winter months when visiting Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park.
Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult, and up to four children can stay in one room. When preparing for the Nagano Private Two Day Tour, it is important to consider what to pack and the accessibility for disabled individuals. Here is a table outlining some key information:
|What to Pack||Accessibility for Disabled Individuals|
|Comfortable walking shoes||Wheelchair accessible (except at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park)|
|Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions||Most travelers can participate|
|Snow gear (if planning to snowboard or ski)|
The tour involves a moderate amount of walking, so comfortable shoes are recommended. The tour operates in all weather conditions, so it is important to dress appropriately. While the tour is wheelchair accessible, please note that Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park may not be accessible for disabled individuals. It is also advised to pack any necessary personal toiletries and carry a valid passport.
When cancelling the Nagano Private Two Day Tour, a cancellation fee of 100% will be charged if the booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event. It’s important for travelers to be aware of the cancellation policy in order to avoid any unnecessary charges.
Here are some key points to keep in mind regarding the cancellation policy:
- Refund percentages: The cancellation fee varies depending on the timing of the cancellation. It’s 75% if the booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event, 50% if cancelled 30 days or less, and 25% if cancelled 45 days or less.
- Booking deadlines: To ensure a smooth cancellation process and receive a higher refund percentage, it’s recommended to book the Nagano Private Two Day Tour at least 3 months in advance, with a minimum of 1 month before the travel date.
To ensure availability and a smooth booking process, it’s recommended to book the Nagano Private Two Day Tour at least three months in advance. This allows ample time for the tour company to make the necessary arrangements and secure the accommodations for your stay.
Booking early also increases the chances of getting your preferred dates and hotel options, especially during peak travel seasons. It’s advised to plan your trip well in advance and make the reservation at least three months prior to your desired travel dates. By doing so, you can avoid any last-minute disappointments and have a stress-free experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Transportation Costs Included in the Tour Price?
Transportation costs are not included in the tour package pricing. However, the Nagano Private Two Day Tour offers transportation options such as a private car or public transportation, which can be arranged for an additional fee.
Can I Participate in Snowboarding/Skiing Activities Even if I Have No Prior Experience?
Yes, participants can join snowboarding/skiing activities without prior experience. Safety measures for beginners are implemented to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Instruction and guidance will be provided by experienced professionals.
Is There a Limit to the Number of People Who Can Book the Tour?
There is a maximum number of people who can book the tour due to booking restrictions. The specific details regarding the maximum number of participants can be obtained by contacting the tour provider.
Can I Request a Smoking Room at the Ryokan?
Yes, you can request a smoking room at the ryokan for your accommodation. Please note that all rooms at the ryokan are non-smoking by default, so it is necessary to make a specific request.
What Happens if the Tour Is Cancelled Due to Unforeseen Circumstances?
If the tour is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, the refund policy will apply. The cancellation fee will depend on the number of days before the event. It is recommended to book in advance.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the Nagano Private Two Day Tour offers travelers a unique and immersive experience in the beautiful region of Nagano, Japan.
From observing snow monkeys in their natural habitat to exploring historic temples and charming towns, this tour provides a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of Nagano.
With its wheelchair accessibility and suitability for most travelers, this tour promises an unforgettable and inclusive experience.
It’s recommended to book in advance to secure your spot on this incredible tour.