Sushi enthusiasts in Osaka can now experience a one-of-a-kind culinary adventure with the highly acclaimed ‘Osaka: Sushi Class in Dotonbori.’ Offered by Cooking Sun, this three-hour workshop allows participants to learn the art of sushi-making from a skilled instructor.
With a 5/5 rating and rave reviews, this immersive class is perfect for both locals and travelers. Create iconic sushi types like Nigiri, Salad Roll, and Oshizushi, and savor the flavors of Osaka.
Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience in the heart of Dotonbori.
Good To Know
- The sushi class in Dotonbori offers free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Participants can reserve now and pay later to keep their travel plans flexible.
- The duration of the class is 3 hours and participants can check availability for starting times.
- The highlights of the class include making Nigiri, Salad Roll, and Oshizushi, with Oshizushi being a specialty local sushi in Osaka.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
The duration of the sushi class in Dotonbori is 3 hours. Participants can look forward to a comprehensive learning experience packed into this timeframe.
The instructor, fluent in English, ensures that language isn’t a barrier to understanding the art of sushi-making. They guide students through the process step-by-step, from creating Nigiri, the famous sushi known worldwide, to crafting a healthy Salad Roll with nori seaweed and fresh vegetables.
Participants will also have the opportunity to make Oshizushi, a specialty local sushi in Osaka. This sushi is unique in that it’s shaped into a square and then cut into individual pieces.
With the instructor’s expertise and guidance, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to create their own delicious sushi creations.
One of the highlights of the sushi class in Dotonbori is the hands-on experience of creating various types of sushi. Participants will have the opportunity to learn sushi making techniques from skilled instructors and gain insights into the cultural significance of sushi.
Here are the five experience highlights of the class:
- Making Nigiri: The most famous sushi in the world, you will learn how to shape and top bite-sized mounds of rice with fresh fish or other ingredients.
- Creating Salad Roll: A healthy option, this sushi incorporates nori seaweed and a variety of fresh vegetables for a refreshing taste.
- Trying Oshizushi: A specialty local sushi in Osaka, you will learn how to create square-shaped sushi by pressing rice and toppings into a wooden mold.
- Cutting Oshizushi: After creating the Oshizushi, you will learn how to cut it into perfectly sized pieces before enjoying their culinary creation.
- Exploring Cultural Significance: Throughout the class, you will learn about the cultural significance of sushi in Japanese cuisine and its importance in society.
These experience highlights will provide participants with a deeper understanding of sushi and the skills to recreate these culinary delights at home.
Participants of the sushi class in Dotonbori have left glowing reviews about their experience. Customer satisfaction is evident in the positive feedback received by the activity provider, Cooking Sun. Despite initial concerns about the language barrier, participants were pleasantly surprised to find that the instructor spoke perfect English, ensuring clear communication and a smooth learning process. The attention to detail and consideration for food allergies were also appreciated by the participants. The facility was described as clean and the instructors as friendly, sweet, and experienced. The relaxed atmosphere and good value for money were highlighted, making the sushi class one of the best experiences on their Japan trip. The customer reviews reflect a high level of satisfaction with the sushi class in Dotonbori.
|‘We really enjoyed the sushi cooking class…’||Verified booking||August 17, 2023|
|‘Really great experience for both parents and children…’||Verified booking||July 17, 2023|
|‘The sushi course more than exceeded all expectations!…’||Verified booking||N/A|
Visitors can find important details about the sushi class in Dotonbori in the section of Additional Information. Here are some key points to note:
- Activity provider: Cooking Sun
- 5/5 rating based on 34 reviews
- Price starts from $63.48 per person
- Workshop or class format
- Wheelchair accessible and limited to 10 participants
Cooking Sun, the activity provider, ensures a wheelchair accessible experience for all participants. They’ve received excellent reviews, with a 5/5 rating based on 34 reviews. The class is conducted in a workshop or class format, allowing participants to learn in a hands-on environment. The price starts from $63.48 per person, offering good value for money. With a limited number of participants, the class provides personalized attention and an intimate setting.
Plus, Cooking Sun takes food allergies into consideration, ensuring that everyone can enjoy the experience.
The activity provider for the sushi class in Dotonbori is Cooking Sun. They offer a workshop or class format where participants can learn the art of sushi making. With a 5/5 rating based on 34 reviews, Cooking Sun has established itself as a reputable provider in the area.
The class is conducted in English, which helps overcome any language barrier for international visitors. This ensures that participants can fully understand the instructions and make the most of their sushi-making experience.
Cooking Sun also caters to individuals with food allergies, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. The class is wheelchair accessible and limited to 10 participants, allowing for a more intimate and personalized learning environment.
Prices start from $63.48 per person, making it a worthwhile investment for sushi enthusiasts.
Price and Availability
Prices for the sushi class in Dotonbori start from $63.48 per person, and availability can be checked for various starting times. Here are some key points to consider when comparing prices and checking availability for the sushi class:
- Group discounts may be available, so be sure to inquire about potential savings for larger groups.
- The price of $63.48 per person includes all necessary ingredients and equipment for the class.
- The class duration is approximately 3 hours, allowing plenty of time to learn and practice sushi-making techniques.
- The instructor speaks English, ensuring clear communication and a smooth learning experience for all participants.
- With limited availability for up to 10 participants, it’s recommended to check the schedule in advance and secure your spot early.
Location and ID
Located in the vibrant Dotonbori district of Osaka, the sushi class offers a unique culinary experience for participants of all skill levels. With its convenient location, the class is easily accessible to both locals and travelers alike.
The Dotonbori district is known for its bustling streets lined with shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, creating a lively atmosphere that adds to the overall experience of the sushi class.
As for product details, the class is conducted by Cooking Sun, a reputable activity provider with a 5/5 rating based on 34 reviews. The class takes place in a workshop or class format and is wheelchair accessible. Plus, each class is limited to a maximum of 10 participants, ensuring a personalized and interactive learning environment.
The product ID for this sushi class is 464110.
To get to the sushi class in Dotonbori, participants should head towards the bustling streets of the district. Here are some directions to help you find your way:
- Take the subway to Namba Station, which is conveniently located near Dotonbori.
- Once you exit the station, look for the famous Glico Running Man sign, a landmark that’s hard to miss.
- From there, walk along Midosuji Street until you reach Ebisubashi Bridge, another iconic spot in Dotonbori.
- Cross the bridge and continue straight until you see the bright lights and vibrant atmosphere of Dotonbori’s main street.
- The sushi class is located in one of the side streets, so keep an eye out for the Cooking Sun sign.
With these directions and the help of public transportation, you’ll be able to easily navigate your way to the sushi class in Dotonbori.
Enjoy your culinary adventure in Osaka!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Ingredients Provided for the Sushi Class, or Do Participants Need to Bring Their Own?
Participants don’t need to bring their own ingredients for the sushi class. The class provides all the necessary ingredients for making Nigiri, Salad Roll, and Oshizushi. It’s a convenient and hassle-free experience.
Is the Sushi Class Suitable for Beginners With No Prior Cooking Experience?
The sushi class in Dotonbori is hands-on and interactive, making it suitable for beginners with no prior cooking experience. Participants can expect to learn how to make Nigiri, Salad Roll, and Oshizushi, creating a culinary experience they won’t forget.
Can Children Participate in the Sushi Class, and Is There a Minimum Age Requirement?
Children are welcome to participate in the sushi class, but there is no specific minimum age requirement mentioned. However, it’s best to check with the activity provider, Cooking Sun, for any potential participation restrictions.
Are Vegetarian or Vegan Options Available for the Sushi Class?
Vegetarian options are available for the sushi class, and there are also vegan options. Participants can enjoy a variety of sushi, including Nigiri, Salad Roll, and Oshizushi, made with fresh vegetables and nori seaweed.
Is There a Dress Code for the Sushi Class, Such as Requiring Participants to Wear Aprons or Chef Hats?
Participants are not required to wear aprons or chef hats for the sushi class. However, the class will provide all necessary equipment and ingredients for learning sushi making techniques.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the ‘Osaka: Sushi Class in Dotonbori’ offered by Cooking Sun is a highly acclaimed and immersive culinary experience in the heart of Osaka, Japan.
With a skilled instructor, you will have the opportunity to learn the art of sushi-making and create three iconic types of sushi.
With glowing reviews and a limited number of participants, this wheelchair-accessible class promises an unforgettable adventure for sushi lovers looking to expand their culinary skills in Osaka.
Don’t miss out on this unique and engaging sushi class in Dotonbori.