Like a hidden gem tucked away in the bustling city of Tokyo, the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room offers a unique experience that transports participants back in time.
This workshop, operated by 畳の部屋でお琴の体験ワークショップ, allows individuals to enjoy the enchanting world of the traditional Japanese musical instrument, the Koto.
Set in a serene tatami room, the workshop provides an authentic backdrop for participants to discover the rich cultural heritage of Japan.
But what makes this workshop truly special? Let’s uncover the details and all that it has to offer.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- The workshop offers a private and personalized instruction for learning to play the Koto in a traditional tatami room setting.
- The workshop provides all necessary equipment including a Koto, Kotonail, and Score.
- The workshop aims to preserve cultural heritage and connect participants to Japan’s rich musical traditions.
- The workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some musical background, and it is not recommended for travelers with back problems.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Overview and Booking Details
When booking the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo, travelers can expect a concise and informative overview. This experience offers the opportunity to learn to play the Koto in a traditional tatami room setting. The product code for this workshop is 401516P2, with prices starting from £35.91.
The workshop is operated by 畳の部屋でお琴の体験ワークショップ. Inclusions for this experience include the use of a Koto, Kotonail, and Score, as well as all fees and taxes. It’s important to note that this activity isn’t wheelchair accessible, but it’s conveniently located near public transportation.
The meeting point is at 3 Chome-25 Kameari, Katsushika City, Tokyo 125-0061, Japan, and the start time is 01:30 PM. The experience ends back at the meeting point, where a meeting guide will be standing at the ticket gate with a placard.
Inclusions and Logistics
The inclusions and logistics for the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo include the use of a Koto, Kotonail, and Score, as well as all fees and taxes.
- Koto: Participants will have access to a traditional Japanese stringed instrument called the Koto. This instrument is essential for learning and practicing during the workshop.
- Kotonail: The Kotonail, a small tool used to pluck the strings of the Koto, will also be provided. It’s an important accessory for playing the instrument correctly.
- Score: Attendees will receive a score, or sheet music, which contains the musical notations and instructions needed to play the Koto. This will aid in the learning process.
- All Fees and Taxes: The workshop fee covers the cost of using the Koto, Kotonail, and Score, as well as any applicable taxes. Participants won’t have to worry about any additional expenses.
Private workshops offer several benefits, such as personalized instruction and the ability to focus on specific areas of interest. Learning traditional instruments like the Koto is important for preserving cultural heritage and maintaining a connection to Japan’s rich musical traditions.
Meeting and Pickup Details
Participants of the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo will find the meeting and pickup details conveniently located in Katsushika City, Japan. The meeting point is at 3 Chome-25 Kameari, Katsushika City, Tokyo 125-0061, Japan. The start time for the workshop is 01:30 PM. Participants can easily locate the meeting point using Google Maps.
The activity will end back at the meeting point, making it convenient for participants. A meeting guide will be present at the ticket gate with a placard to assist participants. It’s important for participants to be punctual and arrive at the meeting point on time to ensure a smooth start to the workshop.
During the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo, you will have the opportunity to experience a traditional tatami room and learn how to play the Koto.
The experience details include:
- Private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems, but most travelers can participate.
- Tatami Room experience, providing an authentic setting for the workshop.
- Learn to play the Koto, a traditional Japanese string instrument.
Participants can expect a hands-on experience in a private setting, allowing for personalized instruction and guidance. The workshop is suitable for beginners and those with some musical background.
Travelers’ feedback highlights the informative and engaging nature of the workshop, as well as the skillful teaching of Koto playing techniques. This unique experience offers a chance to take in Japanese culture and music, leaving participants with a newfound appreciation for the Koto and its rich history.
For the cancellation policy of the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo, participants must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time for a full refund. If the cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the start time, the amount paid will not be refunded. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the start time will also not be accepted. It is important to note that the cut-off times for cancellation and changes are based on the local time of the experience. To illustrate the cancellation policy clearly, the following table provides an overview of the refund process:
|24 hours or more before start time
|Less than 24 hours before start time
|Changes made less than 24 hours before start time
Participants are advised to carefully consider their plans and ensure timely cancellation if needed to avoid any inconvenience.
To navigate to the Private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo, visitors should follow the provided directions to the meeting point at 3 Chome-25 Kameari, Katsushika City, Tokyo 125-0061, Japan.
- Public transportation: Visitors can use public transportation to reach the meeting point.
- Google Maps: It’s recommended to use Google Maps for easy navigation.
- Meeting guide: A meeting guide will be standing at the ticket gate with a placard.
- Near public transportation: The meeting point is conveniently located near public transportation for easy access.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does the Koto Workshop Last?
The duration of the koto workshop can vary, but typically it lasts around 1 to 2 hours. The koto workshop schedule will be provided upon booking, ensuring participants have a clear understanding of the timing.
Do I Need Any Prior Musical Experience to Participate in the Workshop?
No prior musical experience is needed to participate in the workshop. The benefits of learning Koto without a musical background include the opportunity to explore a new instrument and develop a new skill in a supportive environment.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for the Workshop?
There are no age restrictions for the workshop. Participants do not need any prior musical experience to join. The workshop is designed for all ages and skill levels, providing an inclusive and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Can I Purchase a Koto Instrument at the Workshop?
Yes, participants have the option to purchase a koto instrument at the workshop. The workshop offers high-quality koto instruments for sale, allowing participants to continue their musical journey after the experience.
Is There an Option to Record or Take Photos During the Workshop?
Yes, participants are allowed to record and take photos during the workshop. However, it’s important to respect the instructor’s guidelines and ensure that the recording or photography does not disrupt the learning experience for others.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the private Koto Workshop Tatami Room in Tokyo offers a unique and immersive experience for participants to learn and play the traditional Japanese instrument, the Koto.
With its authentic setting and personalized approach, this workshop provides a serene environment to explore Japan’s rich cultural heritage.
While not recommended for those with back problems, this private tour/activity ensures an intimate and memorable experience for all participants.