Nestled in the heart of Ibaraki, Japan, lies a hidden gem – a century-old soy sauce factory that holds the secrets to a cherished culinary tradition.
This private soy sauce brewery tour offers an exclusive glimpse into the art of soy sauce making, an experience steeped in history and authenticity. Operated by the renowned 黒澤醤油店, guests are invited to enjoy the intricate process of crafting this beloved condiment.
From the moment visitors step foot into the factory, they are transported back in time, witnessing firsthand the age-old techniques that have been passed down through generations.
This two-hour tour promises to ignite a sense of wonder and leave a lasting impression on all who embark on this soy sauce journey.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- The tour at the century-old soy sauce factory in Ibaraki lasts for two hours and is free of charge.
- The tour offers a unique opportunity to learn about the traditional methods and techniques used in making soy sauce.
- The tour includes a lunch arrangement and a comprehensive soy sauce brewery tour with a knowledgeable and friendly guide.
- The private soy sauce brewery tour offers wheelchair and stroller accessibility, ensuring a welcoming and inclusive environment for all visitors.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Tour Duration and Admission
The tour at the century-old soy sauce factory in Ibaraki lasts for two hours and is free of charge.
This tour is a unique opportunity for visitors to enjoy the historical significance of soy sauce production in Japan.
The availability of the tour ensures that anyone interested can learn about the traditional methods and techniques used in making soy sauce.
From the moment visitors step foot inside the factory, they’re greeted with the unmistakable aroma of fermented soybeans.
They’re then guided through the various stages of soy sauce production, witnessing firsthand the careful craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into every batch.
The tour provides a fascinating insight into the history and heritage of soy sauce, making it a must-visit for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of Japanese culinary traditions.
Brewery Operator and Cancellation Policy
Operated by 黒澤醤油店, the private soy sauce brewery tour at the century-old factory in Ibaraki offers visitors an immersive experience. Here are three key points about the brewery operator and cancellation policy:
- Brewery Operations: 黒澤醤油店, also known as Kurosawa Shoyu, is the operator of the tour. With their expertise and knowledge in soy sauce production, visitors can expect to learn about the traditional brewing process and witness the craftsmanship behind this beloved condiment.
- Tour Availability: The tour is available on specific dates and times, starting at 11:00 AM. It’s important to note that a minimum number of travelers is required for the tour to proceed. In the event that the minimum isn’t met, visitors will be offered an alternative date or experience, or they can opt for a full refund.
- Cancellation Policy: Visitors can cancel their reservation up to 24 hours in advance and receive a full refund. However, cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start time won’t be eligible for a refund. Plus, no changes to the reservation will be accepted within 24 hours of the start time.
With this information, visitors can plan their soy sauce brewery tour with confidence, knowing the details of the operator and the cancellation policy.
Inclusions and Meeting Point
Visitors on the private soy sauce brewery tour at the century-old factory in Ibaraki can look forward to a lunch, a comprehensive soy sauce brewery tour, and the opportunity to experience the soy sauce making process.
Lunch arrangements are included in the tour package, ensuring that visitors have a satisfying meal before embarking on their soy sauce adventure.
The tour also guarantees the availability of a knowledgeable and friendly tour guide who’ll provide valuable insights and information throughout the experience.
Meeting point for the tour is at 1260 Mawatari, Hitachinaka, Ibaraki 312-0012, Japan. Visitors are instructed to meet at the sign that says 黒澤醤油店 and 醤油醸造元.
The tour starts at 11:00 AM and ends back at the meeting point.
With a delicious lunch and a well-informed guide, visitors can expect a memorable and educational experience at the private soy sauce brewery tour.
Experience the Soy Sauce Making Process
During the private soy sauce brewery tour, participants can witness the intricate process of making soy sauce firsthand. This immersive experience allows visitors to gain a deeper understanding of the traditional soy sauce making techniques that have been passed down through generations.
Here are three highlights of the tour:
- Step-by-step demonstration: Visitors will be guided through each stage of the soy sauce making process, from the fermentation of soybeans and wheat to the aging and bottling of the final product. They’ll learn about the precise measurements and timing required to create the perfect blend of flavors.
- Hands-on participation: Participants will have the opportunity to actively engage in the process by stirring the soy sauce mixture and experiencing the texture and aroma as it transforms. This interactive element adds a unique and memorable aspect to the tour.
- Insight from experts: Throughout the tour, knowledgeable guides will share fascinating facts and stories about the history and significance of soy sauce in Japanese cuisine. Visitors can ask questions and deepen their appreciation for this essential condiment.
The cost of the tour includes all the necessary materials and guidance, making it a worthwhile investment for those interested in exploring the art of soy sauce making.
Accessibility and Wheelchair/Stroller Access
The private soy sauce brewery tour at the century-old factory in Ibaraki offers wheelchair and stroller accessibility. Visitors with mobility aids can easily navigate through the brewery and enjoy the tour without any hindrance. The facility has made sure to provide ramps and wide pathways to accommodate wheelchair users and strollers.
This ensures that everyone, regardless of their physical abilities, can fully participate in the tour and experience the soy sauce making process. The staff is also trained to assist visitors with disabilities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
Cancellation Policy and Refund Information
For cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start time of the private soy sauce brewery tour, no refund will be provided. It’s important to be aware of the cancellation deadline and refund eligibility before booking your tour. Here are three key points to keep in mind regarding the cancellation policy and refund information:
- Full refund if canceled up to 24 hours in advance: If you need to cancel your reservation, you’ll receive a full refund as long as you do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the tour. This allows for flexibility in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Full refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours before start time: If you decide to cancel your booking with more than 24 hours’ notice, you’ll still be eligible for a full refund. This ensures that you have peace of mind and can make changes to your plans if needed.
- No refund for cancellations made less than 24 hours before start time: Unfortunately, if you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours before the start time of the tour, you won’t be eligible for a refund. This policy is in place to account for the preparations and arrangements made by the tour operator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Children Allowed to Participate in the Soy Sauce Brewery Tour?
Children can participate in the soy sauce brewery tour at the century-old factory in Ibaraki. There is no age restriction for the tour, making it a family-friendly activity.
Is Transportation Provided to and From the Meeting Point?
Transportation is not provided to and from the meeting point for the soy sauce brewery tour. Visitors are responsible for their own transportation arrangements. There are no age restrictions for participating in the tour.
Can Visitors Purchase Soy Sauce Products at the Factory?
Visitors to the soy sauce factory in Ibaraki can purchase a variety of soy sauce products. The factory offers a range of purchasing options, and visitors will find a wide selection of products available for purchase.
Is There a Minimum Age Requirement for the Tour?
There are no age restrictions for the tour. People of all ages are welcome to participate and learn about the soy sauce making process at the century-old factory in Ibaraki.
Are Photography and Video Recording Allowed During the Tour?
Yes, photography and video recording are allowed during the tour. However, there may be some filming restrictions in certain areas for safety or privacy reasons. Please be respectful and follow any guidelines provided by the tour guides.
The Sum Up
Don’t miss your chance to embark on a journey through time and witness the art of soy sauce making at the 黒澤醤油 (Kurosawa Shoyu) factory in Ibaraki, Japan.
This century-old soy sauce brewery offers a private tour that immerses you in the rich history and techniques behind this beloved condiment.
From the traditional production process to a complimentary lunch, this experience is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Book your tour today and discover the secrets behind this centuries-old tradition.