Experience the art of Japanese cooking and learn about the flavors and traditions of Tokyo with the Small-Group Wagyu Beef and 7 Japanese Dishes Tokyo Cooking Class.
This captivating culinary adventure takes place in the heart of Shinjuku, led by the talented chef Aya S. In this 3-hour class, you will learn the secrets of kaiseki ryouri, the renowned haute cuisine of Japan, with a focus on the exquisite preparation of Wagyu beef and locally sourced vegetables.
With a maximum capacity of 10 participants, this small-group setting ensures an intimate and personalized experience. Discover new techniques, flavors, and cultural insights as you delve into the world of Japanese cuisine.
The class includes the creation of up to eight delectable dishes, which will be savored alongside sake and green tea. Whether you are a food enthusiast or simply seeking a unique cultural experience, this class is highly recommended for those looking to unravel the mysteries of authentic Japanese cooking in Tokyo. Vegetarian options are also available, ensuring that all dietary requirements are catered for.
Step into the kitchen and let your culinary journey begin!
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- The cooking class is located in Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo and has received 83 reviews with a badge of excellence in Shinjuku City, Japan.
- The class duration is 3 hours and is conducted in English with a maximum class size of 10 people.
- Vegetarian options are available upon request and dietary requirements can be advised at the time of booking.
- The class offers the opportunity to learn kaiseki ryouri cooking skills, prepare up to eight different dishes featuring Wagyu beef and Japanese vegetables, and learn about Japanese culture and etiquette.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
What to Expect
Participants can expect to learn kaiseki ryouri cooking skills and prepare up to eight different dishes featuring Wagyu beef and Japanese vegetables, accompanied by sake and green tea, while also gaining insights into Japanese culture and etiquette.
In this small-group cooking class, you will have the opportunity to learn traditional Japanese cooking techniques from Aya S, a fantastic chef who is professional, informative, friendly, and fun.
The class will be held in a gorgeous and well-equipped cooking studio, providing a perfect environment for learning and creating. All necessary ingredients will be provided, so participants don’t need to bring anything except their enthusiasm for cooking.
Throughout the class, Aya S will guide participants step by step, ensuring that instructions are easy to follow and the dishes turn out delicious.
By the end of the class, you will have not only learned new techniques and flavors used in Japanese cooking but also gained a deeper understanding of Japanese culture and etiquette.
The class highlights include learning kaiseki ryouri cooking skills, preparing a variety of dishes featuring high-quality beef and traditional Japanese vegetables, enjoying the meal accompanied by sake and green tea, and gaining knowledge about Japanese culture and etiquette.
- Unique cooking techniques: During the class, you will have the opportunity to learn unique cooking techniques used in Japanese cuisine. From the proper way to slice and prepare Wagyu beef to mastering the art of making traditional Japanese sauces, students will gain valuable skills that can be applied in their own kitchens.
- Cultural immersion: Along With learning cooking techniques, the class also offers a culture experience. Participants will learn about Japanese culture and etiquette, such as the proper way to use chopsticks and the significance of certain ingredients in Japanese cuisine. This cultural knowledge adds depth to the culinary experience, allowing participants to appreciate the food in a more meaningful way.
- Memorable dining experience: The highlight of the class is undoubtedly the meal that participants get to enjoy at the end. The dishes prepared during the class, featuring high-quality Wagyu beef and fresh Japanese vegetables, are served alongside sake and green tea. This creates a memorable dining experience where participants can savor the flavors of Japan while reflecting on the skills they have learned.
Instructor and Reviews
The instructor for the small-group cooking class in Tokyo has received positive reviews from previous travelers. Aya S, the fantastic chef who leads the class, is praised for her professional, informative, friendly, and fun demeanor. Participants have commended her expertise in Japanese cuisine and her ability to share her knowledge in an engaging manner.
With her guidance, participants learn kaiseki ryouri (haute cuisine) cooking skills and discover new techniques and flavors used in Japanese cooking. Aya S’s qualifications as a chef shine through in the well-organized class, where fresh and tasty ingredients are used to prepare up to eight different dishes featuring Wagyu beef and Japanese vegetables. Previous participants have raved about the deliciousness of the dishes and the easy-to-follow instructions provided by Aya S.
The cooking studio, described as gorgeous and well-equipped, provides the perfect setting for this culinary adventure. Overall, Aya S’s expertise and the positive participant feedback make this small-group cooking class a highly recommended experience for foodies traveling to Tokyo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can children participate in the Small-Group Wagyu Beef and 7 Japanese Dishes Tokyo Cooking Class?
Children can participate in the class, as it is a family-friendly cooking activity suitable for kids. The age restrictions are not specified, but the class offers kid-friendly recipes and cooking techniques that engage children in learning about Japanese cuisine and culture.
Are there any additional charges for the ingredients used during the cooking class?
There are no additional charges for the ingredients used during the cooking class. The cost of the class includes all necessary ingredients for preparing up to eight different dishes, featuring Wagyu beef and Japanese vegetables.
Can I bring my own apron and utensils to the cooking class?
Bringing personal utensils and clothing is not mentioned in the information provided. Age restrictions for the cooking class are also not mentioned. It is advisable to contact the organizer directly for more details.
Is there a waiting area for participants who arrive early?
Yes, there is a waiting area provided for participants who arrive early. This allows them to relax and prepare for the cooking class. The waiting area is comfortable and well-equipped, ensuring a pleasant experience for all attendees.
Are there any specific recommendations for what to wear to the cooking class?
For the cooking class, it is recommended to wear comfortable and casual attire. A dress code is not specified, but it is important to wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Aprons and cooking utensils will be provided.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the small-group Wagyu beef and 7 Japanese dishes Tokyo cooking class provides an incredible opportunity to learn the art of kaiseki ryouri cooking and experience authentic Japanese cuisine.
Led by the talented chef Aya S, participants can expect to learn new techniques, flavors, and gain insight into Japanese culture and etiquette.
With a maximum capacity of 10 people, the class offers a personalized and intimate experience.
The well-equipped cooking studio and positive reviews from previous travelers make this class a must-try for foodies looking to enjoy Japanese culinary traditions.