Experience the rich and diverse world of sake with the ‘Tasting ALL TYPES of Sake with seminar’ activity in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
This 1 hour 30-minute adventure offers a unique opportunity to learn about and sample a variety of sake, all in English.
Led by a knowledgeable sake sommelier, you will embark on a journey of discovery, unraveling the secrets behind the sake label and gaining insight into the art of sake production.
With a maximum of 10 travelers, this intimate experience guarantees personalized attention and the chance to ask questions.
Alongside three sake tastings, you will indulge in delectable snacks and refreshing water.
Enjoy this educational and enjoyable activity, where you will not only savor the flavors of different sake types but also gain valuable knowledge that will enhance your future sake appreciation.
Join us at Exit B2, across from ISETAN, and let the adventure begin!
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- Tasting ALL TYPES of Sake with seminar is a 1 hour 30 minutes activity offered in English.
- The meeting point is located in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan and the activity ends back at the meeting point.
- The experience includes three sake tastings, snacks, and water, as well as a session with a sake sommelier to learn top tips on decoding a sake label.
- The activity has received positive reviews and ratings, with customers praising it as a very informative and interesting seminar/tasting and a great learning experience with a knowledgeable host.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
What to Expect
During the tasting all types of sake seminar, participants can expect to learn top tips on how to decode a sake label and ask questions to an expert sake sommelier in a small-group setting.
The seminar provides a unique opportunity to explore the world of sake and gain insight into its brewing process.
Participants will have the chance to taste a variety of sake types, allowing them to explore different flavors and discover their preferences.
Plus, the seminar offers the chance to learn about popular sake brands and their unique characteristics.
With a maximum of 10 travelers in the group, participants can enjoy an intimate and interactive experience, where they can freely engage with the sake sommelier and fellow participants.
This seminar promises to be an engaging and informative journey into the world of sake, offering participants the freedom to expand their knowledge and appreciation for this traditional Japanese beverage.
Sake Label Decoding
In the session, you will have the opportunity to learn valuable insights on how to decipher the labels of various types of sake. Understanding the sake label is essential in order to appreciate and choose the right sake.
Here are five interesting aspects of sake label decoding that participants can expect to learn:
- Sake brewing process: Gain knowledge about the intricate process of brewing sake, including the selection of rice, water, yeast, and fermentation techniques.
- Different types of sake classification: Discover the different classifications of sake, such as Junmai, Honjozo, Ginjo, and Daiginjo, and understand the characteristics and flavor profiles associated with each.
- Understanding sake grades: Learn about the grading system for sake, including the meaning of terms like Tokutei Meisho-shu and Tokutei Meisho-shu Koshu.
- Decoding sake production information: Explore the labels to decipher important information, such as the rice polishing ratio, alcohol content, and region of production.
- Appreciating sake flavor profiles: Develop the ability to identify and appreciate the various flavor profiles of sake, including fruity, floral, dry, sweet, and umami-rich varieties.
By delving into the world of sake label decoding, participants can enhance their understanding and enjoyment of this traditional Japanese beverage.
Participants will have the opportunity to partake in an expert-led tasting experience, guided by a sake sommelier, to enhance their understanding and appreciation of the various flavors and characteristics of sake.
During the tasting, the sommelier will share sake tasting techniques and provide insights into the regional variations of sake.
This interactive session will allow participants to explore the nuances of different types of sake, including the aroma, taste, and texture.
By tasting a variety of sakes, you will gain a deeper appreciation for the craftsmanship and complexity behind this traditional Japanese beverage.
The expert-led tasting offers a unique opportunity to expand one’s knowledge of sake and discover new favorites, making it a must-do experience for sake enthusiasts and those looking to explore the world of Japanese sake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any age restrictions for participating in the sake tasting seminar?
There are no age restrictions for participating in the sake tasting seminar. However, participants must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. There is no specific dress code mentioned for this activity.
Is there a dress code for the seminar?
There is no specific dress code mentioned for the sake tasting seminar. However, it is recommended to dress comfortably and appropriately for the occasion. As for age restrictions, it is not specified whether there are any limitations in terms of age for participating in the seminar.
Can I purchase sake bottles or souvenirs at the meeting point?
At the meeting point for the seminar, you will have the opportunity to purchase sake bottles as souvenirs. This allows you to take a piece of the sake tasting experience with you and continue to enjoy it at home.
Is there a limit to how much sake we can taste during the seminar?
There are no limitations on the amount of sake that can be tasted during the seminar. This allows participants to fully explore and appreciate the various flavors and types of sake. The benefit is that attendees can have a more immersive and enjoyable experience.
Can I bring my own snacks or food to the seminar?
Outside snacks are not allowed during the seminar. However, the experience includes snacks and water, ensuring that participants have a fulfilling tasting session. This restriction ensures a hassle-free and organized experience for all attendees.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, the tasting all types of sake with seminar activity in Shinjuku, Tokyo offers a unique and educational experience for sake enthusiasts.
With a maximum of 10 participants, this activity provides an intimate setting to learn about and taste a variety of sake.
The session with a sake sommelier allows participants to ask questions and gain expert insights.
From decoding sake labels to enjoying three tastings and snacks, this activity promises a hassle-free and enjoyable adventure into the world of sake.