If you’re a foreign visitor to Tokyo and planning to use the subway lines, you have the option to purchase a limited-time pass that will cover both Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway lines. There are three passes available: 24-Hour, 48-Hour, and 72-Hour.
- The 24-Hour pass costs 800 yen for adults and 400 yen for children 11 and under and is a good deal if you plan to take at least five rides within a 24-hour period.
- The 48-Hour pass costs 1,200 yen for adults and 600 yen for children 11 and under and is a good option if you’ll be taking at least four rides per day.
- The 72-Hour pass costs 1,500 yen for adults and 750 yen for children 11 and under and is a good deal if you’ll be taking at least three rides within a 24-hour period.
These passes are only available to tourists visiting Japan on a tourist visa, and you’ll need to present your passport to prove your eligibility to purchase.
They can be purchased in advance through H.I.S. travel agencies overseas, or in Japan at the staffed desk of a subway station, Haneda Airport, Narita Airport, certain hotels, and stores such as BIC camera, Sofmap, and Laox.
The pass is valid for 24, 48, or 72 hours from the time it is first used.
Benefits Of The Tokyo Subway Ticket Unlimited Pass
- Experience hassle-free travel in Tokyo with the Tokyo Subway Pass!
- This pass grants you unlimited access to 13 different subway routes, covering over 250 metro stations throughout the city for a duration of 1-3 days.
- Whether you’re traveling through Tokyo Metro or Toei Subway lines, you can easily slide your ticket into the machine to enter the subway and start your journey around Tokyo.
- Explore the city with convenience and ease.