If you’re planning to visit Hiroshima and explore the surrounding areas, the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a great option to consider. This travel pass is designed to help visitors make the most of their time in the city and explore its top attractions with ease. Here’s everything you need to know about the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass.
Key Take Aways:
- The pass can be used for unlimited travel on buses, streetcars, and ferries.
- There’s 1,2 and 3-day pass
- The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a great way to explore Hiroshima with ease and savings.
- Pickup locations include the Hiroshima Airport and Bus Station
- Cheaper than purchasing individual tickets for sightseeing and getting around.
- The coupon book Offers discounts on various activities and attractions, including cable cars and museums.
- You can use the Tourist bus “Meipurupu” with this pass.
What is the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass?
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a new travel pass that allows visitors unlimited tram, bus, and Ferry travel in Hiroshima and its surrounding areas.
How much Is the Pass?
The pass is great value if you plan to see the attractions in the area.
- 1 day: 1,000 yen
- 2 days: 1,500 yen
- 3, days: 2,000
Where Can You Visit With The Pass?
Here are a few of the Places you can get to with the Pass
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum: Nearest station: Heiwa kinen koen (Peace memorial park)
- Atomic Bomb Dome: Nearest station: Genbakudome-mae (Atomic Bomb Dome)
- Shukkei-en Garden: Nearest station: Hakushima
- Hiroshima Castle: Nearest station: Kencho-mae
- Mitaki Temple: Nearest station: Mitaki Kanon
- Itsukushima Shrine: Nearest station: Miyajima Ferry Terminal
- Mount Misen: Nearest station: Miyajima Ferry Terminal
- Miyajima / Daishoin: Nearest station: Miyajima Ferry Terminal
What Does The Pass Cover?
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a convenient way to explore Hiroshima and its surrounding areas. The pass provides unlimited rides on streetcars, buses, and ferries, making it easy to get around and see the sights.
Hiroshima has the most extensive tram system in Japan and it’s a great way to get around the city for short to medium-length trips.
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass can be used on all lines of the Hiroshima Electric Railway, including the Inner-City Line and Miyajima Line. This is a great way to explore the city and its suburbs, as the streetcars cover most of the major tourist spots in Hiroshima.
The Pass can also be used on Miyajima Matsudai Kisen and JR West Miyajima Ferry. These ferries take you to Miyajima Island, a must-visit destination when in Hiroshima.
Note that JR rail passes also cover the Miyajima ferries.
The Pass can also be used on route buses within the route map on the back.
This includes buses operated by:
- Hiroshima Electric Railway
- HIROSHIMA Sightseeing Loop Bus, “Hiroshima meipuru～pu”
- Hiroshima Bus
- Hiroshima Kotsu
- Geiyo Bus
- Chugoku JR Bus and
- HD Nishihiroshima (Bon-Bus)
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is not valid for JR West Trains.
The pass is also not valid for the following busses:
- highway buses,
- Hiroshima Airport Limousine buses
- Midnight buses
- Community buses
- Event transit buses
- Regular tourist buses.
Also, Get The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass COUPON BOOK
For non-japanese just show your passport when you pick up your Pass and you will also get a free guide and coupon book. It’s called the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass COUPON BOOK that offers discounts at many of Hiroshima’s top Attractions and restaurants.
Here’s a list of the places where you can use your discount coupons:
- Miyajima ropeway
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
- Hiroshima Castle
- Shukkeien Yamato Museum
- Iwakuni Castle
Our Personal Observations About The Pass
We used the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass on our last 2 trips to Hiroshima and here are some things we noted about using the pass:
- The pass is simple to obtain and provides discounts for numerous activities and attractions throughout the city.
- While the tourist bus “Meipurupu” is covered by the JR Pass, the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass offers additional options such as the tram “Hiroden” and ferry access.
- Don’t forget to keet the date side up when showing your pass
- If you’re tired of dealing with the advanced seat reservation requirements of the JR Pass, the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass offers a more simple alternative.
- The pass can be obtained with ease at various locations around the city, including Hiroshima Airport and Hiroshima Bus Station.
- The discount book that comes with the pass was great and offers various coupons that can provide additional savings on food, admission fees, and other activities.
- If you’re planning to visit Onomichi and Iwakuni, the 3-day wide area voucher included saved us 2000 yen.
- The pass is easy to use and can be presented when exiting buses and streetcars and boarding and ferries.
- Various activities and attractions, including cable cars and museums, offer discounts to those with the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass.
- The only downside is that the pass must be physically redeemed at the bus station, which may require an additional trip if arriving by train to Hiroshima station.
What are the Benefits of the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass?
There are several benefits to using the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass. Firstly, the pass allows for unlimited rides on Hiroshima Electric Railway’s streetcars and buses, which can take you to most of the major tourist spots in the city. This is a convenient and affordable way to get around and explore Hiroshima.
In addition, the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass provides discounts to many tourist attractions, including the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, Hiroshima Castle, and Miyajima Island. This can help you save money and make the most of your trip.
How to Use the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass
To use the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass, simply present the pass at the entrance of the attraction you wish to visit or to the driver when boarding the streetcar or bus. The pass will be scanned, and you will be granted entry or allowed to board the vehicle. It’s that easy!
- When using a streetcar or bus, show the dates stamped on the ticket to the crew or the clerk in charge when getting off.
- When using a ferry, show the dates stamped on the ticket to the clerk at the entrance to the boarding area.
Where to Purchase
- The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass can be purchased at Hiroshima Airport, Hiroshima Station (North and South Transportation/Tourist Information), and Hiroshima Bus Center.
- When purchasing or picking up your pass, show your passport to verify that you are a traveler visiting Japan.
- The digital version of the pass can be purchased on the MOBIRY website or through Klook
Is the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass Worth It?
Whether the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is worth it for you depends on your travel plans and itinerary. If you plan on visiting several tourist attractions and using public transportation frequently, the pass can be a great way to save money and make the most of your time in Hiroshima.
However, if you only plan on visiting a few attractions or prefer to walk around the city, the pass may not be necessary.
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a convenient travel pass for exploring Hiroshima and its surrounding areas. Here’s what you need to know about how to use and purchase the pass.
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass has been available for purchase since March 10, 2020.
The Sum Up
The Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass is a convenient and cost-effective way to explore Hiroshima and its surrounding areas. Knowing how to use and purchase the pass can help you save money and make the most of your trip. You should consider purchasing the Visit Hiroshima Tourist Pass and take advantage of the special bonuses for purchasers, including discount coupons for restaurants and sightseeing facilities.