Winter in Hokkaido takes travelers on a captivating journey through a frozen wonderland. Nestled amidst this breathtaking landscape are three attractions that are sure to leave visitors in awe.
Asahiyama Zoo, with its diverse array of wildlife, offers a glimpse into the enchanting world of polar bears and red pandas.
The frozen ice sea, a natural marvel, provides a stunning backdrop for a sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher. From the thrill of witnessing majestic creatures to the serenity of gliding through icy waters, this winter adventure promises unforgettable experiences.
But there’s more to discover! So, bundle up and get ready to explore Hokkaido’s winter wonders.
Great News! You can reserve your spot for free with Viator. You can easliy cancel any time up to 1 day before without paying anything.
- Asahiyama Zoo offers a diverse array of wildlife, including polar bears and red pandas.
- The frozen ice sea provides a stunning backdrop for a sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher.
- Winter photography opportunities abound in Hokkaido’s snow-capped mountains and frozen landscapes.
- The innovative enclosure designs at Asahiyama Zoo allow visitors to observe animals up close.
Not for you? Here's a few more great tours and experiences nearby.
Pricing and Booking
Booking your winter tour of Hokkaido’s memorable locations is easy and affordable, starting from just $142.22. With a flexible cancellation policy and various payment options, securing your spot on this unforgettable adventure is a breeze.
Whether you’re a solo traveler or planning a group trip, the tour offers competitive pricing compared to other similar options, making it an affordable choice for exploring Hokkaido’s stunning winter landscapes.
The flexible payment options allow you to reserve your spot now and pay later, ensuring convenience and peace of mind. Plus, with free cancellation up to 24 hours before the experience starts, you can book with confidence knowing that unforeseen circumstances won’t leave you out of pocket.
Don’t miss out on this great value for money opportunity to experience the magic of Hokkaido in winter.
Discover the breathtaking winter landscapes of Hokkaido as you embark on a stress-free tour to some of the region’s most memorable locations. This tour offers a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of Hokkaido during the winter season.
The highlights of the tour include a visit to Asahiyama Zoo, where you can see polar bears and red pandas up close. You’ll also have the chance to enjoy a sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher, witnessing the stunning frozen ice sea.
When preparing for this tour, it’s recommended to dress warmly and wear appropriate clothing for the cold weather. Layering is key to staying comfortable throughout the day, as temperatures can drop significantly in Hokkaido during the winter months. Don’t forget to bring a hat, gloves, and a good pair of waterproof boots to keep your feet warm and dry.
With these essential items, you can fully enjoy the tour and make lasting memories of Hokkaido’s winter wonderland.
When planning your winter tour in Hokkaido, there are important considerations to keep in mind. First, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the cancellation policy. While the tour offers free cancellation up to 24 hours before the experience starts, it’s crucial to be aware of any potential fees or restrictions. Plus, it’s important to have alternative activities in mind in case of tour cancellation due to stormy weather or other unforeseen circumstances. To make it easier to understand, here is a helpful table:
|Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the experience starts
|Plan for alternative activities in case of tour cancellation
Logistics and Information
The logistics and information for the winter tour in Hokkaido provide essential details and instructions for a seamless and enjoyable experience. Here are some key points to consider:
- Transportation options: The tour offers stress-free travel in an air-conditioned vehicle, ensuring comfort throughout the journey. Different pick-up and drop-off points are available for convenience.
- Language support: English-speaking staff will accompany the tour, providing assistance and guidance throughout. This ensures that language barriers are minimized, allowing for a smooth and enjoyable experience.
- Additional information: Large luggage can be stored in the bus trunk, allowing you to travel without any hassle. Lunch is available at Asahiyama Zoo, but no dinner options are provided. However, the tour provides flexibility in terms of booking options, with the ability to reserve now and pay later. An emergency contact number is also provided for any assistance needed during the tour.
Continuing with the logistics and information for the winter tour in Hokkaido, let’s now explore the additional details that will enhance your experience.
When it comes to lunch options, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a meal at Asahiyama Zoo. However, please note that dinner options aren’t provided, so you may want to plan accordingly.
As for transportation arrangements, you can expect to travel stress-free in an air-conditioned vehicle throughout the tour. Large luggage will be stored in the bus trunk, ensuring a comfortable journey.
Plus, an English-speaking staff member will accompany the tour, providing assistance and guidance along the way.
With these additional details taken care of, you can fully learn about the beauty of Hokkaido’s winter wonderland.
To fully appreciate the winter wonderland of Hokkaido, it’s essential to understand the background of this picturesque region. Here are three key points to help you enjoy your visit:
- Asahiyama Zoo Experience: As one of the top attractions in Hokkaido, Asahiyama Zoo offers a unique winter experience. The zoo is known for its innovative enclosure designs that allow visitors to observe animals like polar bears and red pandas up close. Capture stunning photos of these magnificent creatures against the backdrop of snow-covered landscapes.
- Winter Photography Opportunities: Hokkaido’s winter scenery provides endless opportunities for photography enthusiasts. From snow-capped mountains to frozen lakes and forests, the region offers breathtaking vistas that are perfect for capturing memorable moments. Whether you’re a professional or an amateur photographer, don’t miss the chance to capture the beauty of Hokkaido in winter.
- Frozen Ice Sea and Sunset Cruise: Another highlight of Hokkaido’s winter is the sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher. Witness the stunning colors of the sky as the sun sets over the frozen sea. This unique experience allows you to admire the mesmerizing ice formations while enjoying the serene atmosphere of the winter sea.
Enjoy Hokkaido’s winter wonderland and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Navigating your way to Hokkaido’s winter wonderland is a breeze with these helpful directions. Whether you prefer public transportation or rely on GPS navigation, getting to your desired destinations is convenient and easy.
For those opting for public transportation, there are several options available. The closest train station to Asahiyama Zoo is JR Asahikawa Station, which can be reached by taking a train from Sapporo Station. From Asahikawa Station, a bus service is available to take you directly to the zoo.
If you prefer to use GPS navigation, simply input the address of your desired location and follow the directions provided. The roads in Hokkaido are well-maintained, making it a smooth journey to your destination.
To ensure a hassle-free experience, it is recommended to plan your route in advance and check for any updates or road closures. With these directions in hand, you can confidently explore Hokkaido’s winter wonderland.
|Take train from Sapporo Station to JR Asahikawa Station
|Input address of desired location into GPS
|From Asahikawa Station, take bus to Asahiyama Zoo
|Follow directions provided by GPS
|Convenient and easy option
|Smooth journey on well-maintained roads
After easily navigating your way to Hokkaido’s winter wonderland, it’s time to dive into the exciting itinerary that awaits you. Get set for a day filled with incredible animal encounters and opportunities for stunning winter photography. Here’s what you can expect:
- Visit Asahiyama Zoo: Explore the renowned zoo and get up close and personal with incredible animals like polar bears and red pandas. Capture their beauty and charm through your camera lens as you wander through the snowy landscape.
- Frozen Ice Sea: Set out on a breathtaking sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher. Sail through the frozen ice sea, marveling at the stunning icy formations and capturing the magical winter scenery.
- Sunset Cruise: End your day with a mesmerizing sunset cruise, where you can witness the sky ablaze with vibrant colors reflecting off the icy landscape. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture this picturesque moment.
With this incredible itinerary, you’re guaranteed to have an unforgettable day filled with unforgettable animal encounters and breathtaking winter photography opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Meals Included in the Tour Price?
Meals are not included in the tour price, but there are food options available at Asahiyama Zoo for lunch. Travelers with dietary restrictions should check with the zoo for suitable options.
Can I Bring My Own Food on the Tour?
Yes, visitors are allowed to bring their own food on the tour. It’s a great opportunity to have a picnic while enjoying the sights and sounds of Hokkaido.
Is There a Minimum Age Requirement to Join the Tour?
Yes, there is a minimum age requirement to join the tour. The tour meals are not provided, but you can bring your own food if you’d like.
Is There a Restroom on the Tour Bus?
Yes, there is a restroom on the tour bus. Restroom facilities are important on long bus journeys to ensure comfort and convenience for the passengers.
What Should I Wear for the Tour?
For the tour, it is recommended to wear winter fashion and follow layering tips. Dress warmly with a heavy coat, hat, gloves, and boots. Layering with thermal clothing and sweaters will help keep you comfortable throughout the day.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, a winter visit to Hokkaido offers an incredible array of experiences. Travelers can witness polar bears and red pandas at Asahiyama Zoo, or enjoy a sunset cruise on the Garinkogo II ice crusher. With careful planning and consideration of logistics, they can make the most of their trip and create unforgettable memories.
Whether it’s exploring the frozen ice sea or immersing oneself in the natural beauty of Hokkaido, this winter tour promises to be a truly enchanting adventure.